Senegalese musician and philanthropist Akon will accompany Barrack Obama who is expected to visit the country in July for a day’s visit before proceeding to South Africa to deliver the Nelson Mandela Annual Lecture which will take place on 17 July, 2018 at the Wanderers Cricket Ground.
Reports emerging reveal that the former US President will be coming to the country with a 350 people delegation, including professionals, celebrities, philanthropists, clergy, activists, top lawyers, businessmen, diplomats and friends.
The delegation includes renowned talk show host, Oprah Winfrey, Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote, Zimbabwean Musician Oliver Mtukudzi and NBA Africa senior Director, Will Mbiakop.This will be Oprah Winfrey’s first time in Kenya.
He will meet with President Uhuru Kenyatta and Hon.Raila Odinga at state house before going to K’Ogelo.During his stay,his sister Auma Obama will launch her Non- Governmental Organization, Sauti Kuu, in Siaya County.Suzanna Owiyo is expected to perform at K’Ogelo during their visit. After visiting Obama’s ancestral village of K’Ogelo, they will grace a charity golf tournament in Muthaiga organized by Dr. Auma Obama’s Sauti Kuu Foundation.
Other celebrities expected to jet into the country are:
- Tim Jahnigen – Founder One World Futbol play
- Laila Alawa – CEO and Founder, The Tempest
- Axel Bachmann – General Manager for sustainability, Coca Cola
- Markus Baumann – Group company secretary Union Bank of Switzerland
- Barbro Ciakudia – Vice President Business Development, Invest Africa
- Vik Bakhru –Entrepreneur and CEO, ConsejoSano
- Ingo Anderbrugge – Retired German footballer
- Wang Bing – Documentary filmmaker
They are all expected to be in the country on July 16th.It will be the first time for Barack Obama to come to Kenya after finishing his term as the President of The United States. Siaya County is lucky to host these celebrities all at once.
Keep it omgdiary.com for more updates and latest gossip