What is KNEC?
The Kenya National Examinations Council (abbreviated as KNEC), was founded back in 1980. KNEC has a responsibility of conducting education assessment at primary and secondary levels in Kenya. Most online services and downloads can be accessed via its portal.
As the government body, it administers examinations and ensures that policies at primary, secondary and tertiary levels except the universities are implemented as expected.
The body also issues certificates to candidates on completion of a particular level of education such as completion of primary, secondary and tertiary education.
The body is also well known for administering examinations on behalf of all other registered foreign exams boards registered in Kenya such the following:
- Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM)
- Association of Business Executives (ABE)
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Edexcel International (GCE/IGCSE examinations)
- Institute for the Management of Information Systems (IMIS)
- Institute of Actuaries (IA)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- Institute of Financial Accountants
- International Association of Bookkeepers (IFA/IAB)
- The Association of Business Managers and Administrators (ABMA)
How to Check KCPE or KCSE Results 2018
Due to advancement in technology, checking of examination results is nowadays as easy as you can imagine. Examination results of every candidate in Kenya can be checked either on the KNEC official portal or by using SMS line
To check for KCPE or KCSE results online, log onto http://www.knec-portal.ac.ke/ and enter your index number.
To check for results via SMS, Send your KCSE or KCPE index number to 20076. This message can be send on any mobile device which uses either Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom networks.
Cost of Checking KCPE/KCSE Results using SMS
On sending the index number to the SMS code 20076, you will be charged Ksh.25.
KNEC Portal – Knec-portal.ac.ke
The KNEC Portal is Knec-portal.ac.ke. Other than administration and regulation of examinations, the following are Kenyan examinations which KNEC awards certificates to candidates on their completion:
- Business Education Single and Group Subjects Examinations (Certiﬁcate)
- Business Management Courses (Certiﬁcate and Diploma)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE)
- Kenya Certiﬁcate of Primary Education (KCPE)
- Kenya Certiﬁcate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Primary Teachers Education (PTE)
- Teacher Certiﬁcate in Adult Education (TCAE)
- Technical Education (Certificate, Diploma and Higher National Diploma)
How to Contact KNEC
You can call the KNEC offices on the following lines:
Tel: +254 020 3317412/ 2213381/ 3317419 / 3341113 / 3341071 / 3317413 /3317427 / 3341098/ 3341027/ 3341050 /
You can write to KNEC via Email: email@example.com
KNEC Fax: +254-020- 2226032 KNEC Mobile: 0732333860/0720741001
KNEC portal: www.knec-portal.ac.ke
KNEC Website: www.knec.ac.ke