KKCO East Africa is an independent accounting and advisory firm of Certified Public Accountants situated in Kenya with a vision for growth to cover the whole of Africa. KKCO is affiliated to DFK International is a major international association of independent accounting firms and business advisers that has been meeting the needs of clients in more than 90 countries for more than 50 years. The association has over 300 offices across the world. Each DFK member is an independent legal entity in its own country.
KKCO East Africa wishes to advertise internship opportunities for 6 months that are now open for application within the audit unit. We invite suitable candidates to apply for the position.
|Reports to||Audit Senior|
|Department/Unit||Audit & Assurance|
|Period||January – June 2018|
Main Purpose Of job
- Responsible for undertaking straight forward audit tasks and all aspects of financial statements.
- Supporting the team leader in executing tasks in the quality standards as delegated to them.
- Understand that quality audit execution is the responsibility of all (Quality means: Fit for use First Time)
- Accept responsibility for and complete assigned tasks (by the senior) in a timely manner.
- Promptly report to the senior any problems experienced or discrepancies found.
- Understand distinction between reliance and non-reliance approach.
- Understand the relationship between the assessment of internal accounting controls and audit tests; understand the purpose of the ICSE (Internal Controls System Evaluation) and be familiar with its format and method of completion.
- Review the tailored transaction program, understand how to handle errors/scrutinize and execute on the programs designed.
- Carry out procedural tests designed based on the planning review carried out the senior based on the understanding of the client.
- Draft notes of weaknesses which may form the basis of parts of the management letter and discuss with the client and document response.
- Undertake in respect of straight forward audits, all aspects of the statement of comprehensive income including the analytical review; on other jobs, carry out the work under supervision.
- Assist the senior in obtaining information for the preparation/review of the statement of financial position.
- Assist the senior in obtaining information for the preparation of the tax computations.
Key Performance Measures
- Timeliness in reports
- Responsive to customer needs
Knowledge, Experience and Personal Attributes
- Minimum education level of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting;
- Should be a CPA/ACCA finalist.
No experience needed
- Willingness to learn and deliver results/solutions.
- Attention to detail.
- Pro-active and organize
- Ability to handle pressur
- Team player.
- Requires minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities
If you believe that you are the right candidate, please email your application to email@example.com on or before 17th November 2017. Quote the title of the job that you are applying.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.