Prospective Students Requirements for submission of applications at KMTC
The wide range of our courses, from certificate to diploma to higher diploma, reflects the institution’s responsiveness to the needs of our nation. The rising number of admissions show the trust bestowed on us by the public and the aspirations of our valued clients, the students.
The courses have continuously grown — from a handful to more than 50 currently — to meet the changing needs of the country’s health care system. The introduction of new courses is in line with the College’s strategy to keep abreast with market changes and the needs of the global community.
The following are the requirements for all courses offered:-
Certificate courses take two years with the exception of nursing which takes two and a half years. A minimum aggregate of C- with relevant combination of other subjects is a requirement.
KCSE mean grade of C (or equivalent) with relevant combination of other subjects such as English, Kiswahili, Biology, Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Physical Sciences.
3 years except Community Health Nursing which lasts 3 ½ years
Holders of a certificate in relevant fields and at least two years working experience.
Takes 2 years except Community Health Nursing which lasts 18 Months
Post Basic Diploma courses
Holders of basic diploma in relevant fields and at least a minimum of two years working experience.
Individuals and groups such as corporate bodies, companies and government ministries interested in any course or courses can make a written request for arrangements to be made.
Training Categories: We have full time, part time and Distance learning trainees enrolled in various courses each year as in-service and Pre-service
We welcome your application
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Medical Training College. We are happy that you are looking closely at the exciting opportunities available here in KMTC. KMTC seeks to enroll and graduate applicants who will develop and grow educationally and personally and will contribute to the College community, and the broader society.
To that end, the role of the Admissions and Records Office is to recruit, admit, and encourage enrollment of applicants who are spiritually mature, academically excellent, accomplished in extra-curricular endeavors, and broadly diverse through individualized review and professional judgment.
All applications are ONLINE . The prospective candidates apply for admission into Courses for each academic year for Regular or Parallel Category. The Regular category have subsidized fee with optional accommodation but no choice for Campus while the parallel category have non subsidized fee, no accommodation option but have option for Campuses choice in more than Forty one (65) campuses situated in different parts of the country depending on the courses.
Apply today by visiting the Official website
- Prospective candidates are expected to visit the applicants’ portal, read the advertisement to know the various courses and their specific entry requirements.
- Candidates interested in making an application are advised to READ the application guidelines (preservice/Inservice) available on the application portal
- Candidates are advised to follow the steps carefully given in the application guideline to the end to be sure of application success.
- Take note that the application period has timelines as stipulated on the advertisement please observe them
Advices to applicants
All applicants to KMTC are advised to ensure that their applications are correctly done so as to compete for opportunities fairly; some of the areas to note are as follows; KMTC has many courses at various levels and varying entry requirement clusters hence taking time to read the advertisement that has key information necessary for the application to be made with clear information
- Determine the course you would like to study and be sure you qualify.
- Plan for your training at KMTC on time, funding and social support
- Be ready to take up your course if successful in any part of this country since our campuses are spread all over the country
- Follow APPLICATION GUIDELINES and ensure you have applied in time and correctly
- Remain active on email remembering your credentials that you can access your email at any time.